Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Much Needed Escape!

After a week of unpacking what seems like thousands of boxes,
I decided it was time for a much needed escape!
Plus the painter was coming back to finish painting! Wet paint and kids do not mix well! :)
So the kids and I loaded up the car and headed to the beach for the day!
It rained /flooded almost the entire way down to Panama City, and I thought about turning around several times. I am so glad I didn't!
It was a beautiful day at the beach!
The kids had so much fun playing in the water!

Jake enjoyed trying to catch fish and crabs! He LOVES the beach! It is his favorite place.

Cole loves playing in the water too.

Cole usually isn't too far behind Jake, and he is not scared of anything!


Just look at the big fish he caught! :)


While the boys were busy catching fish, Scout enjoyed looking for seashells.

We saw crabs, fish, and plenty of birds,
but there was one animal we surely didn't expect to see at St Andrews...
a raccoon!! Yes, that's right! A raccoon!

Despite all of the wildlife :), it was a great day at the beach!
It wasn't crowded, the weather was great, and the kids had a blast!

I wish we could go more often!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I need to do that more often since we live so close. We said we were taking them to Shipwreck Island for the day this year but we never did. I will see you next week at Orientation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always visit the beach here!!!! Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete